Monday, November 23, 2009

3rd, 4th and 5th Grade Newsletter

Glen’s Ditch and our Class Blog
We had a great trip to Glen’s Ditch last week. We looked for macroinvertebrates and found some to bring back to the classroom to look at closer. The students have been posting field reports and photos from our trips on our class blog. Be sure to look at it! http://gustavus345.blogspot.com/ Please leave a comment for us! (Additionally, this newsletter is posted on our blog too. I will begin to post paragraph assignments on that blog next week.)

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
We finished this book (a class read aloud) last week! Today we did a short Reader’s Theater of one of the chapters. There is a quiz for this book on the website: http://www.bookadventure.com/ that your child can take and earn points to trade in for Bear Bucks. I have student usernames and passwords for this website if your child has forgotten or lost theirs.

After School Tutoring and Homework Help
Emma Johnson has offered to help students will homework after school. I have talked to several of the students about this and many are interested. Hopefully, this will start next week. I will let everyone know soon what day and time this will be.

There isn’t a spelling test this week!

Paragraph a Week
There isn’t a paragraph assignment this week. Next week’s assignment will be a letter to an author of your child’s choice. The author that they write to should be an author of a book that they recently finished.

Word of the Week: benthic

Have a great holiday!

2 comments:

  1. I have just read through all the blog entries and I have learned lots! Your science excursions make me want to get outside and start looking for tiny critters. I don't know what benthic means. I'm going to have to ask for help on that word tomorrow.
    Thanks for such a wonderful blog.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you posted the newsletter on the blog. Now reading the entries will be must - no excuses! Love the enthusiasm for microinvertebrates! Have a relaxing break.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete