On May 5th and 6th the 3rd-5th went on the Sea Wolf to wrap up our year long science project. We also went to learn about Glacier Bay. We started at Bartlett Cove and then we went to Ice Valley. Ice Valley was the first place we anchored on our trip. At Ice Valley we hiked and collected data. I really liked Ice Valley because it reminded me of Port Alexander because it was pretty, there was wildlife, and it was a peaceful place.
My favorite part was when we got to hike beside Riggs Glacier and take a bite out of it! The ice from the glacier was very refreshing and cold.
Another one of my favorite parts was when we got to go kayaking. I liked kayaking because it was only my second time and it was peaceful and calm. I heard birds like oyster catchers and Barrow’s golden eyes.
We also got to climb on a cliff made of rock. The cliff made of rock was very new land and it was made right beside Riggs Glacier.
I learned a little bit about the history of Glacier Bay. I learned about John Muir living in Glacier Bay and the story about a Tlingit man who went fishing and left his daughter and wife in Goose Cove. When he returned his daughter and wife were gone and he never saw them again.
I even learned from Marylin how to use a pen for drawings. She taught us how to do shades and textures for drawings with a pen.
It was a fantastic trip with very nice weather! Thank You to Kimber and her crew for letting the 3rd through 5th in on there time!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment