We went on the beautiful, wooden boat named the Sea Wolf on May 5th and 6th. On our first day we stopped at Ice Valley While hiking, Greg told us that there was a rock contest. I won for finding a spectacular rock that looked like an egg. The prize was a rubber ducky.
After a halibut dinner, we went kayaking. Alyssa and Jessie were kayaking and there was a cute stellar sea lion following them. It was very invigorating for me to go kayaking for the first time.
On the second day we were hiking by Riggs Glacier and we saw some wolverine tracks. There was an ice cave and I found out that a ptarmigan lived in there when it was winter We ate some G lacier Ice. It tasted like fresh, cold water.
Then there was a cormorant contest to see who could be the first to spot one. Bethany won that contest. On the way back we saw stellar sea lions every where. There were also some Humpback whales.
There was an artist on board. Her name was Marilyn. She really inspired me to do more art projects. I drew a river that meandered past the rocks. It was calm and peaceful.
I am so lucky that I could have this experience. Thanks to Kimber for taking us on this fabulous trip.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment