On May 5th and 6th we went on a two day boat trip on the Sea Wolf. During the trip we walked about a half mile by the Glacier Bay. I had an amazing paddle in the kayak. We walked on lots of rocks. We collected data at Ice Valley. The weather was fantastic. I loved going outside to listen to the birds and to see them. Kimber was generous because she let us go.
It was my fist time walking by a Glacier and it was amazing.
I love walking. I also learned that the pink thing on the snow or ice is tiny plants it called snow algae.
We saw sea otters and sea lions by the Marble Islands. At Marble Islands we saw kittiwakes and cormorants. We saw lots of spiders at the land. We saw a bunch of the icebergs. It was great to see mountains because the rocks look amazing .We saw Rendu and Riggs Glaciers. We saw some bear tracks. The bear made marks in the tree, and we saw it. We saw humpback whales and it was fantastic to see them. We saw lots of waterfalls by the mountain and some people put their heads in the waterfalls. We saw lots of kelp in the water. We saw lots of silty water from the glacier. Some people screamed because they saw black spider. We saw many icebergs. Some people saw blennies and snail fish. I love to see mountain goat.
I liked it because everybody was having fun.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment