Friday, May 7, 2010

The Sea Wolf Trip By Aishu

On May 5th and 6th the 3rd – 5th class went on the Sea Wolf. We went on the Sea Wolf because we wanted to learn more about watersheds and finish our year long science project, Kimber is a generous person to let us go on the Sea Wolf.

The first day our first stop was Ice Valley to collect data. We took a walk and saw a lot of fallen trees. The tress fell down because the water in Ice Valley flooded and it eroded the banks where the trees were. The weather was so fantastic when we took data that the data collator could sit down on the ground! When were done we walked and waited for the skiff to come and pick us up. In the meantime Emily and I flipped over rocks to see if there were any tidepool animals and bugs. Under one of the rocks we flipped were two red amphipods. Under another rock we found five blennies! We thought they were eels, but Ms. Jessie said it was a blennie. Ms. Jessie, Emily, and I tried the catch one but they were fast and slimy so it was hard to catch. The skiff came and we got the Sea Wolf to eat dinner.

After we ate dinner we got to go kayaking. Kayaking was one of my favorite things we did. The fun part about it was being quiet and seeing all the birds. It made me feel relaxed and calm because everything was quiet.

The next day we went on a hike by Riggs Glacier. We got to eat a piece of it and sit down to eat lunch by it. We saw wolverine tracks coming out of a cave on Riggs Glacier and the tracks were going up the glacier. It was amazing to see that because it is really rare to see wolverine tracks. When we got back on the Sea Wolf we had free time. After our free time we got to have dinner and that was the last time we got to eat dinner on the Sea Wolf. When we were really close to the dock I was thinking where I could hide because I did not want to get off. The sad thing was I didn’t find a hiding place so I had to get off.

I want to thank Kimber, her crew, Chad, Greg and Ms. Jessie.

No comments:

Post a Comment