While we were on the Sea Wolf trip we went and had a sleepover in the East Arm of Glacier Bay. It was fantastic! On the first day of our trip we collected data at Ice Valley. Guess what? I didn’t get wet! I liked it because the water was fast and we caught new animals. When I saw the stonefly I liked it because I had never seen one before.
We saw a lot of birds throughout our trip. The birds we saw were some black-legged kittiwakes, cormorants, and oystercatchers. I really liked seeing the birds because they’re so beautiful and graceful.
When we went kayaking Stephen and I got so close to shore we could see shells and rocks very clearly under the water. The rocks and everything else were green! The green stuff was algae.
The next day we had a breakfast of waffles and some really good berries. It was so, so yummy! While we were eating Greg told us a story about a family in Goose Cove. It was a sad story about a family of 3 that came to Goose Cove to hunt seals. One day the dad went out hunting. When he came back his whole family was gone. So he went into the woods and made a cross out of logs. I think it is still there.
On the second day Greg said whoever saw the first cormorant got a little toy dragon. I won and the little toy dragon from How To Train Your Dragon..
We went Riggs Glacier and there was a ton of snow and ice around us. While we were at Riggs I ate a piece of it. The ice was so watery and wet. All the glaciers we saw were just so pretty! When I walked right by Riggs I felt really exited and happy!
When we got to the dock I did not want to get off the Sea Wolf. THANK YOU KIMBER AND CREW!!!
Friday, May 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment